Black Sky Aerospace (BSA) is the leading Australian rocket launch company, providing innovative sovereign capability across the space and defence domains. Black Sky Aerospace designs, manufactures, tests, and operates sub-orbital sounding rockets across its Queensland-based facilities and launch ranges. Our technology enabled the first commercial launch in Australia, and we are now expanding our team to scale our operations to new heights.
As an Avionics Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing solutions to problems with mechanical, electronic, and software processes
- Conducting modelling, simulation, and analysis of avionics systems
- Research and development
Why Work with Us?
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive remuneration package
- Rockets are exhilarating! BSA perform regular launches from our range of sub-orbital launch sites
- Work with a dynamic team, pushing the limits across a range of engineering disciplines
- Gain experience in a wide range of skills
Criteria – Required
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechatronic, Electronic or Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Ability to obtain a National Security Clearance. This requires candidates to be Australian citizens
Criteria – Desired
- PCB design experience
- Experience in C, C++, C#, Python, or Java
- Experience simulating and analysing circuit designs and PCBS
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Experience working with international standards, such as ISO 9001, AS9100, IPC, or IEC
How To Apply
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] or apply below.