Delivering Capability Overmatch
Operating a completely sovereign engineering design and manufacturing facility that is dedicated to the production of propellant, solid rocket motors, launch vehicles and common tactical boosters.
BSA is uniquely equipped to serve the interests of the Australian Defence Force and its allies through the rapid and flexible design, manufacture, testing, qualification, and launch of high-speed, long-range, cost-effective munitions, at scale.
In November 2018, BSA launched Australia’s first commercial payload, and in December 2020 became the first-and-only Australian company with the capability and the license to manufacture large scale solid rocket motors (including motors over 1 tonne).
BSA was the proud recipient of five major industry awards in 2020, including the Defence Aerospace Business of the Year and the Space Operations Business of the Year.
Black Sky Aerospace, helping YOU redefine space
We live in a complex world with diverse requirements. BSA works with YOU, to redefine space as we know it. BSA knows that every customer is different and our team can assist every step along the way to meet your desired goals.
From inception, through to integration and deployment, BSA success is delivered through proactive communication with key stakeholders to identify and validate project needs to meet strategic and operational requirements.
Licenses, awards and partnerships
BSA holds explosives licenses for: Manufacture | Test | Sell | Use Import | Export | Store.
BSA operates a quality management system that conforms to AS9100D.
BSA is the proud recipient of a number of prestigious Awards, including the 2020 Defence Aerospace Business of the Year, and the 2020 Space Operations Business of the Year.
- Successful firing of the first commercial liquid fuelled rocket in Australia - Australian rocket company, Valiant Space, has successfully fired the first commercially developed liquid fuelled rocket engine in Australian history.
- Black Sky Aerospace and Raptor Aerospace complete Australia’s first private sounding rocket campaign | 7NEWS - History Made! Black Sky Aerospace and Raptor Aerospace have completed the first step towards building Australia's and the UK's Space Bridge.
- Black Sky Aerospace facilitating Australia’s first international rocket testing and sounding rocket launch partnership - Queensland based launch provider, Black Sky Aerospace and UK company Raptor Aerospace will conduct Australia’s first privately operated, international rocket motor test and sounding rocket launch campaign.
- Australian/Queensland Rocket Manufacturer Secures Priority Access to unique site where NASA will launch in 2020 - Black Sky Aerospace (BSA) will become the first Australian rocket manufacturer to gain priority access to one of the world’s most efficient launch locations, The Arnhem Space Centre in the Northern Territory.
- Black Sky Aerospace miles ahead of competition - BSA has committed to an expansion of Australia’s first privately owned, commercial sub – orbital launch facility, complete with rooms for operations, storage, accommodation and even an additional sealed runway for critical logistics.
- Queensland rocketeers given green light to build rocket fuel factory | 7NEWS - ...It's rocket fuel and now it's set to be made right here in the South East. "We're paving the way forward for the space industry" [...]
- Black Sky Aerospace rockets towards manufacturing solid rocket boosters - Black Sky Aerospace has just been given the green light by regulators to begin the process towards the manufacture of Solid Rocket Motors (SRM). The South – East Queensland space company, based in the City of Logan, will be the first manufacturer of its kind in Australia and will be able to provide access to […]
- Interns blast off and heading for space! - Three talented interns from the University of Queensland have grasped the opportunity to go from books to designing, building and launching a real rocket. Bryan Greenham, Jesse Cilliers and Isabelle Fleming have cherished the prospect that their work on Brisbane radio station Hit 105’s promotion “Out of this world proposal” will be integral to not […]
- Australia’s first commercial payloads launched - In a major milestone for Australia’s space industry, Black Sky Aerospace has today successfully launched Australia’s first commercial payloads from a site in Queensland. The largely Australian designed and manufactured launch vehicle took off with three commercial payloads on board, marking a major leap forward for the development of Australia’s space industry. Blake Nikolic, director […]